Bunking

Somewhere in 90's......

Mary: (*shhhhhh.....*) Slow down, Agatha. They'll hear us. Can't you just whisper?
Agatha: Holy Jesus! It just stumbled out of my mind that we're bunking!

Somewhere in 20's......

(A hault at the railway station....waiting... two ladies engrossed in a chit-chat)
(Soon...lights off, wild laughing, sounds in the background include; Really!, Hahaha!, Exactly what we did!)
(boarding the train, Agatha and Mary.)

12.36 p.m., Saturday, August 24, 2019

AGATHA: Hey! You caught hold of my
personal blog? (snapping)
leave it, it's...it's nothing, ya
absolutely nothing: just
sort of hinderence, I guess! By
the way, who are you?
Following me? Throughout
my journey since the train;
something's fishy with you, I.
guess!
MARY: Ah! Alas. That's what, life isn't
exactly what you predict it to
be. Rather I recognized you, to
be the once, 'autonomous
Agatha'.
AGATHA: (in flashes) Urggghhhh....!!!!
What was it from wed, I
guess... Ummm....well...,
M..mmmm.... Mary?
MARY: Was not that tough, well how
you made it was a way too
blah!
AGATHA: Lord! How have years just
lingered by since then. How
have you been doing?
MARY: Great! Far more than great.
Just happened to get a clear
first strike at 'Civil Service'.
AGATHA: Wooohhoo! And that reminds
me, how has luck always
favoured you, always! Blessed
were you.
MARY: Yeah! And how can I ever
forget our college memories
which we shared, are so
perfect and pristine, encore in
my heart. We, the Martha's,
don't care about the real
Maratha's. Hahahaha. How
childish were we!
AGATHA: Ranging from boring lectures
made on college blackboard to
hunting on *iske peeche yeh
laga/lagi padi hai*. How
weirdo we've been!
MARY: Especially favoured, never got
caught! How purr-fect were we.
AGATHA: (interrupting) Considering
P.E. to be omnipotent. How
quickly and drastically we.
grew up, na?
MARY: (nostalgically) yaaaaa.....

( eyes interlock, a long, uninterrupted pause, silent smiles...blushing buddies)

(breaking the deadly silence) MARY: What's more how have things at your end been?
AGHATA: If I say, more like a dream?
MARY: Well, what was so, so smoky?
AGATHA: Just fasten yourself to the
chair, because I made it to the
Neurosurgeon.
MARY: Can't believe my ears, the
name which you couldn't
even blurt out! Gosh!
Seriously, you splashed it to
be 'Noinoresergen' (in
spelling) and
'NO-HERO-SIR-GUN' (in
pronounciation).
AGATHA: Ha, you remember.....wow!
MARY: You didn't let me forget, how
couldn't I remember
dopelessly laughing at it every
now and then?
(a long screech, train ceases.... in background; 'Dilli, dilli ,dilli; dilwalon ki dilli jaldi jaldi jaldi. Dhai minit, bhai, sirf dhai minit)
AGATHA: My stop. Gotta'go. Had a
lovely time together. Gotta
go. Bye-bye Ciao!
MARY: Sure. Let us exchange our.
contacts, what say?
AGATHA: 9878848560 is mine.
MARY: And mine, 8076180980

Comments