Smile-a-mile :)

'When words are hard to come by, a smile can work wonders.' Sometimes, I muse, I muse what's the therapy; the therapy of leading a consistent, a gaiety life. But what strikes back on my visage is a grin, yes, a grin!
That's what we call 'what goes around, eventually comes back'. 'Smile' let's travel miles! Smile as an expression is a caricature of pleasure, socialibility, happiness, joy or amusement and its degree varies from individual to individual. Some people tend to show utter excitement and go nuts over it, they are those people like me ;) yes, I don't smile, I grin and to all those like me, we grin! So, lets grin on this note 😁! But we also encounter 'the smile-only' ones, they reflect their impalpable excitement in a different yet ardent and dexterous way. 😃 It's hue, it's insane!
But how many of you smile a 'Duchenne Smile'? Ok, let's try one. A Duchenne Smile is a smile engaging the muscles around the mouth and the eyes. It was while conducting the research of physiology of facial expressions in the mid 19th century, French neurologist Guillaume Duchenne identified two afferent kinds of smiles. The Duchenne smile has been described as "smizing", as in "smiling with the eyes". An exaggerated Duchenne smile is associated with lying. While contrasting to a 'Non Duchenne Smile' which indices generic smiling, any smiling involving the raising of the lip corners. But, its not that every instance you smile, means you're happy at heart. No, na? So, what's that form of a 'real reel smile' called? Ever mused? Ok, don't haunt the eeriest corners of your brain. I'll figure it out for you. It's the 'Pan Am Smile', also known as the 'Botox smile', voluntarily contracted to show politeness. And varies, varies and varies!!!
So, why cease hit smil-ike the button, comment smiles, spread smiles. Because a smile travel miles, while a grin travels dim. Oh! I just realized I'm being called on, somebody's preaching 'khushi, khushi' let me give him/her happiness, while you inhale your laughing gas. Also, wish me a 'Happy Journey' I'm travelling 'smile-a-mile' :).

Comments