To the window seat,

Long time no see! I have finally figured out that it's not only the school and the friends that I miss, I also miss you and the view you rendered. 'A window to the world'! Do you know how I used to pre-book you for the next day, just like there are no other seats. It almost felt like a movie when I used to be there, watching the trees by passing outside the bus, people working, or vehicles crossing us. The calmness of your lap, would curb all the thunder blazes. And, I always ended up getting scolded for stretching my hands and peeping my face outside.

Getting to sit on you felt like an accomplishment, especially when the journey was long. We used to tun for you, as the school bell rang. You probably were one of the reasons, o used to wake up on those chilly, almost numb mornings. We used to play T-D-S on our ways, sing sings, and even, sometimes, sleep comfortably on you after a long tiring day. I wonder what was so special about you.

It is perhaps true, that the longer we hold onto things, the more value it builds. Whether it was cracking on jokes, or be it by mood, off on some random instance, you have seen it all. (p.s.- I make a confession, I used to miss my short-route bus, to get a ride in you, with my pals) Earlier, you were a part of my daily routine, but, now I see the bus, hardly. And, when I do, that too in my flashbacks of memories, I smile and wonder, once I am done with my schooling who would be sitting on my favourite seat. You know, some things keep changing, like how I prefer choosing the window seat. These changes make us realise, how special some things are. But, the love for window seats never fades, it keeps on perpetuating with time, and, I'm glad it all began with you.

Love,
Your old travel mate

Comments