The Filtered World

I swear I tried. But no person is perfect and similarly no quote is self sufficient. I implemented the Stephen Chbosky advice, and tried to filter the negative people out. But for that I needed a criterion, and ended up having not one but may criteria; realizing that only one person could come in through these, and that's no superhuman, that's- me. When you learn to love 'yourself', you bloom realizing that it's the most stable position you have, it's like an arranged marriage. And, after constant thinking and wondering, I've realized that when we set up a mesh around ourselves, we never make allowances for people's flaws. It's like we're supposed to select a perfect circle, but we're unaware of the fact that there are no perfect circles, only polygons with infinite sides. The cocoon that I had built around myself has become a cage since I came across the former revelation. I understood that a shell gives the tortoise ample protection and a handy retreat but it's a matter of time before the tortoise realizes that it weighs too much to be worth it. And one thing is for sure, I don't want to be a tortoise with saggy shoulders.

Comments